- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations, which provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Oversee the activities of the divisional Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external financial statements, annual audit, annual budgets, AR/AP functions, treasury, and state/local taxes.
- Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Coordinate and compile budget, authorizing expenditures in accordance with budget, and approving budget and expenses of subordinates.
- Assure that the duties, responsibilities and authority of each job within department are clearly defined, effective and communicated to incumbents.
- Monitor performance of direct reports, providing prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and cut costs.
- Global Mindset
- Work in a Matrix organization
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities. High level Excel skills a must.
- Well organized and comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- JD Edwards ERP experience or equivalent
- Sit for a prolonged period of time
- Type on a keyboard and operate a personal computer
- Converse over a telephone
- Perform work within an office environment
Education: B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA Preferred)
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years recent experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections. Project and Construction accounting experience preferred.
Potential General Hazards: n/a