Hamon Deltak is an Engineering & Manufacturing company looking for an experienced IT Technical Support professional with knowledge of Engineering/Design software
The Senior Technical Support role will be part of the Global IT team working partly in managing and maintaining the Engineering software inventory, providing technical support and help desk duties in the local organization in Plymouth, MN and partly as a second and third line support and as project resource for global IT services. Being part of the Global IT helpdesk, this position will perform front line duties, dealing directly with employees or contractors who have technical issues.
- General support of users and systems on the MN and associated sites
- Support, monitor, maintain inventory, and report monthly on utilization, of all engineering specific software tools.
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Monitoring of critical IT systems locally and globally
- Training staff on new systems
- Day to day administrative tasks, both locally and globally
- Analysis and planning of future improvements to existing systems
- Suggesting IT solutions to meet business problems
- Making sure all IT meets industry and corporate standards.
- Developing, testing and implementing new solutions to business requirements
- Being part of the consultative and decision making process for new IT solutions
- Documentation of new and existing systems
- Developing and implementing new and existing corporate standards
- Facilitating service delivery
- Project work
- Experience in desktop support with Windows OS, Xp, 7, 8 and 10, SfB, Outlook, Office products and printers.
- In depth understanding of networking protocols and concepts including routing and wide area networks
- Proven diagnostic and problem solving abilities
- Experience in vSphere, VMWare, Veeam, Hyper-V
- Experience with Citrix and Palo Alto is an advantage
- In depth understanding of group policy and Active Directory
- Installation, management and troubleshooting experience with server OS
- Microsoft, Cisco or other recognized certifications.
- Preferred familiarity with engineering software & tools
- ( Bently AUTOPLANT, Bently Pro Steel, AEC Steel, AEC Plant 3DAuto CAD 2018).
- Conduct self in professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Communicate effectively while providing fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times working within IT Team and with end-users.
- Have a sense of initiative, identify opportunities for continual process improvements in performing essential job functions and meeting realistic business requirements.
- Be able to manage time and work without supervision (essential).
- Have a strong commitment to service delivery
Associates or Technical Degree in MIS/IT required.
5 years related experience working in a technical environment with technical troubleshooting and report writing experience.
Travel up to average of 10% annually required both domestic and international.
Must be willing to demonstrate some flexibility in working hours.