Establish effective financial
processes to control costs and maximize profits, negotiating contracts for best
return, and creating effective financial reporting packages to gauge business
performance. Provide counsel and advice on matters within the Controller’s area
of responsibility. Provide oversight and strategic direction to information
- Develop quarterly estimates, long range financial
and operational forecasts
in formulating and recommending accounting policy and procedure
- Manage and develop Accounting team. Direct
strategy and formulate plans for successful execution of such
seek ways to increase and improve participation with all departments, in
the use of accounting/financial information for planning and problem
solving purposes within these users' respective responsibilities.
- Ensure staff performs month-end, quarter-end and
year-end process activities and accounting functions on a timely basis to
prepare financial reports.
special assignments as required by the President.
- Advanced financial analysis and accounting skills
and an understanding of a variety of business accounting practices to successfully
develop and manage the varied Company accounting and financial activities.
- Prior Experience in Public accounting and percent
- Experience working internationally with
- Advanced knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable,
accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Proficient technical software skills to keep
accurate and easily accessible records: JD Edwards ERP/Accounting system;
MS Office, MS Outlook, Database and Report Writing software.
- Remain current on accounting rules and policies
and procedures with continuing education; support continuing professional
development of the Accounting Department staff.
- Apply strong management skills and leadership
ability that motivates individuals to accomplish department goals.
- Conduct self in professional manner and applies
active communication skills.
- Provide fast, accurate and complete customer
service at all times with all employees and management; build strong
- Analyze, organize and manage multiple priorities
in an efficient and timely manner to optimize use of time and resources in
meeting essential job functions and overall business results.
- Apply strong attention to detail and
organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to
maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
- Exercise strong conflict and problem-solving
skills and apply appropriate resolutions.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential
- Identify opportunities for continual process
improvements in performing essential job functions and meeting realistic
- Speak effectively to conduct and communicate with
staff in meetings and present essential business expectations and
Bachelor’s Degree in Business
or Accounting required. CPA or CMA preferred
Eight plus years of previous
relevant experience required. Minimum of
three years of supervisory experience preferred. Public accounting experience